A day in Bruges


EN

It was on a Saturday 23rd September last year, which was the end of Summer already and Fall was just around the corner. Yet it was sill warm and sunny in Belgium - Bruges like Summer was never planning to leave. Me and A. we both wanted to visit this Belgium town for so long, and on a Saturday morning it was decided. We took my car and crossed the Belgium border and headed to Bruges. One item on the bucketlist also crossed down, just like that! Anyway read our little getaway in Bruges down below!
NL

Het was  zaterdag 23 september vorig jaar, en het einde van de zomer was al nabij en de herfst was al om de hoek aan het lonken. Toch was het in België - Brugge warm en zonnig - alsof de zomer niet van plan was om te vertrekken. Ik en A. wilden allebei deze Belgische stad zo lang bezoeken, en op een zaterdagochtend hadden we een besluit genomen. We namen mijn auto en staken de Belgische grens over en reden naar Brugge toe. En zo werd een item op de bucketlist ook gelijk doorgestreept. Ons mini tripje in Brugge lees je hieronder!

❝Zweef
de cursor
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!
This is Bruges
And this was also my first time driving to Belgium and yes, I was nervous! Even though it was only 1 hour+ driving and thank Lord it went pretty alright on the road. I guess if you want to be more confident behind the steering wheel I suppose you have to grab that steering wheel with both hands and be brave and that`s what I did. Luckily I have my bestie A. beside me who function as my two extra pair of eyes on the road.
Food First
The Potato Bar ❤ 4/5
We arrived Bruges around 12 PM and that means lunchtime and me and A. were starving! When we saw the words potato on the blinds it was simple and quickly decided.

Everyone knows Belgium makes great fries! According to Wikipedia fries were invented in Belgium.
OUR FOOD
2 ginger tea
1 vega burger
1 crispy chicken burger
1 small fries + homemade mayonnaise
One word: SCRUMPTIOUS!
Especially their homemade mayo is yum and just super indulging.
“ok, pretend you are not looking at the camera and act busy eating” - a foodblogger

CITY EXPLORING
Time to walk!
At Zara Home or H&M Home, no sure.
This gorgeous house is actually a kebab/pizza take away which I have decided to not put it in the picture.

Margritt ❤ 2/5

It was time for a coffee break and I really want to have a good one. Too bad Margritt was a let down for me and A.
PRO:
I guess the nice looking interior? That actually lured me and A. both in the first place.

BIG BOO:
so we asked for a glass of water. Like no big deal right? But the hostess literally rolled her eyes when we asked for it! We did get our water eventually but we had to collect it by our self at the bar instead being taken to our table. Mediocre service is business kill, just sayin`
A not well stirred méh matcha latte with dry sliced up piece of cake.
So I`ve decided to love Bruges anyway
Bruges is gorgeous! Most people who enters Belgium for the very first time will most likely visit Brussel or Antwerp but if you want to avoid the big tourist herd, Bruges is here for you! Not only it is less crowdy this city with her well preserved buildings is also listed and under protection of the World Heritage Site of UNESCO. Along with a few other canal-based northern cities, such as Amsterdam, it is sometimes referred to as The Venice of the North. Plus, I had a great shopping time too and I didn`t left Brugge empty handed.

I take you to the
candyshop
Apart the fries, Belgium is perhaps more well known for their chocolates.
photobombed

I purchased: Belgium waffles and a bar of dark chocolate, my favorite.
Edited with Adobe Lightroom.
First time editing with Adobe Lightroom too. I still need to find my handyness with the program but I sure love the features so far!

Comments

  1. Bruges is beautiful! I don't know why I haven't seen more of Belgium - fries and chocolate a a diet staple for me. "The Potato Bar"- count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever got the chance to revisit Belgium, please do check out Bruges ^__^
      The Potato Bar is waiting for you! Xx

      Delete
  2. Bruges looks like a lovely town! The Potato bar sounds like my kind of place. I love fries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is it is ^_^ I think The Potato Bar wins 99,9% of peoples heart :') Xx

      Delete
  3. The Potato Bar sounds like such a cute restaurant name, haha. Those burgers and fries are making me drool! That photobomb is hilarious, haha - it almost looks like you guys are friends!

    becky @ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah it sure does sounds cute :) haha, that photobombed picture and we sure look like pals but I guarantee we are not haha... Xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had such a fun day out :) I wish visiting another country was just a drive away for me, haha! That candy shop looks like heaven, I wouldn't know what to choose...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure had a niiiice time in Bruges! Yup, that candy shop looks indeed like heaven! Xx

      Delete
  5. I visited Bruges once for a day! It was a charming place :) // THE BEST PLACE FOR THE BEST HOT CHOCOLATE IN THE WORLD?? I'M SOLD! // haha "act busy eating" :P I like to tell my friends: "ACTION SHOT!" -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Happy to read you liked Bruges as well :D Haha that shop banner, they sure know how to lure chocolate lovers in :P Lols everytime I do a 'spontaneous' photoshoot I feel silly but all worth it at the end! Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls